BBQ / Gathering -- Venue Booking Procedure:
- Enter into the booking calendar: Name of teacher(s), name of group, number of students
- Separate booking for rear playground and covered playground
- Please be considerate and do not make more than ONE booking for your group.
- The teacher/student ratio must be > 1 : 25.
- Please complete and return the BBQ safety and BBQ cleanliness checklist the next day after BBQ
BBQ / Gathering Reminder
- Acquire parents’ written consent
- Permitted wears only
- Stay within the covered rear playground. No unauthorized entry to staff rooms, the upper floors and other areas out of the teacher’s sight.
- Take attendance before and after to ensure safety
- No early leavers / leave the school together
- Students joining BBQ or gathering must come to school before 5:30 p.m. and leave the school before 9:00p.m.
Cleanliness and safety
- Put newspaper and the aluminium tray under the BBQ grill to avoid defacing the playground
- Put garbage into the trash cart (at the rear staircase) at the end of the activity—NOT into the bins at the covered playground
- Sweep the ground to remove the last bits of charcoal
- Do NOT sweep the charcoal into the drains
- Burnt charcoal and ashes should be emptied into the metal container.
- Put everything exactly back in place
- Flash light switch: 1st floor switch room—no entry for students
Care for the Environment
- Participants MUST bring reusable utensils for BBQ / Gathering.
- Please reuse BBQ skewers --available at the SU.
- Please reduce the use of disposable items as far as possible.
BBQ clean-up and safety codes: please restore equipment after use